Protecting You & Your Data
Our contact details: Ruth Clarke / 07766720796 /firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal information is collected:
London Holistic Therapy may collect the following personal information:
- Name, title and date of birth
- Contact information including email address, telephone numbers and home address
- Medical history and other health related information provided on the consultation form and discussed during the first and subsequent treatments
- Treatment detail and assessment notes which will be recorded after each massage session
- Follow up information which may be discussed with clients by phone email or text after their treatment
- Electronic diarised records of appointment times
Where the personal information is collected from:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Email, Text messages, sent from individuals to London Holistic Therapy / Ruth Clarke
- Medical information submitted via electronic consultation form via Jot Form.
- Discussions with clients during the consultation process and during subsequent treatments
- Via the contact form on the London Holistic Therapy website
- Social media site where you contact London Holistic therapy or Ruth Clarke directly
How is your personal information used:
London Holistic Therapy requires this information to assess your treatment requirements and provide you with a safe and effective massage therapy in person and online. Additionally, the information is used to refer to at subsequent therapy sessions in order to assess levels of improvement. It may be used to provide you with updates regarding price increases, offers, news or new therapies available. We also use the information – other than Client Data - to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our clients, to improve the service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
How long is the personal information retained for:
London Holistic Therapy to keep client records safely and in good condition for 7 years from the date of the client was given a treatment or contacted London Holistic Therapy.
This means there is a ‘legitimate interest’ in retaining records for this period. Records are required additionally for professional public liability insurance purposes which also represents a legitimate interest. Your data will not be transferred without your consent.
Disposal of Data: Once per year, London Holistic Therapy, will review all client records and destroy any records that are no longer bound by the regulated legal timescale for such records to be held.
London Holistic Therapy is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been put in place to safeguard and secure the information that is collected both online and on paper. The health information and treatment notes are within a secure electronic password protected data collection system, jotform.com. Jotform.com is protected with a secure socket layer, the same level protection used by online banking, the forms are encrypted, PCI Certification and GDPR Compliant. For more details, please refer to: https://www.jotform.com/security/
Contact details including telephone numbers and email addresses are held on a password protected telephone and personal computer.
The GDPR May 2018 gives an individual:-
- The right to be informed as to how personal information will be both used and held. This is contained within this document.
- The right to access your personal information so individuals know what is held about them and they can confirm it
- The right to rectification if there is something incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to have information deleted
- The right to limit how the information is used or shared
- The right to portability. Under certain circumstances a copy of electronically held information can be requested so it can be reused in other systems. The right to object if there are certain parts of an individual’s information that they do not want used or to be used only for certain purposes
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
N.B If an individual does not agree to London Holistic Therapy keeping records of information about an individual and treatment records then it may not be possible to provide the therapy.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONYou may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form via jotform.com there is a box for you to click to indicate that you agreeing to the information to be used and for you to be contacted.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information and contacting you but you have changed your mind please email: email@example.com.
What are cookies:
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies:
Where can you find more information about cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
How to Contact Us:
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Data, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.